Molting is when the hermit crabs grow and they have to grow a new exo skeleton. They bury themselves in the sand and stay there for awhile. =) They also need a new shell that is a little bigger =)
I have had 2 hermit crabs. My first one was named Hermie and she died in 5 days. My next one was named Magic. She died in 3 months. Emily's hermit crab, Kermie, lived a year and a half.
Hermie had a pink shell with a baseball on it and Magic (my favorite) was given to me by someone who could do magic tricks. She had a black shell with sparkles. I was either going to name her Sarah or Magic. Emily's changed shells the day after we got it and mine never changed shells.
I have had 2 hermit crabs. My first one was named Hermie and she died in 5 days. My next one was named Magic. She died in 3 months. Emily's hermit crab, Kermie, lived a year and a half.
ReplyDeleteCool! I've had my hermit crabs since the end of Augest =)
ReplyDeleteBTW Five more comments like that one, and you will get the Cellphone Award =)
Hermie had a pink shell with a baseball on it and Magic (my favorite) was given to me by someone who could do magic tricks. She had a black shell with sparkles. I was either going to name her Sarah or Magic. Emily's changed shells the day after we got it and mine never changed shells.
ReplyDeleteCool! =) Lily has a lily kinda look to hers...And Samson (My other hermit crab) Has a tan shell with black spots on it =)
ReplyDeleteBTW You got another comment towards the cellphone award =)