Thursday, February 10, 2011

My New Book - Chapter 12

Chapter 12

When Madison and Shrill reached the time and space continuum, Madison tried to figure out which tunnel Leon was in.

“What do you think Shrill? Do you know where he went?”

Shrill wined and shook her head and dove towards a portal.
“Whoa girl!” Madison cried.

And they dove into the same portal that Leon is in.

When Madison landed, she couldn’t find Shrill.

The portal might have separated us. Madison said to her self.

She sat where she was, wondering what to do next, when she heard laughing.
It scared her to pieces.

“W-who’s th-there?” she said.

“Yes! Finally! I’ve found a blonde!” And Eon jumped out.

Madison stood up; she was a good four inches taller than Eon. “What do you mean, you’ve found a blonde?” Madison asked.

“Hey, you’re wearing all black, and your eyes are dark blue, what’s your name?” Eon asked.

“Um…Madison Holl.”

“I’ve found you! Yay! That kid with black hair will be happy! Come with me.” And he grabbed Madison’s hand and ran off into the woods.

                                                                     …

Meanwhile, Leon was sitting near the same tree he had been pinned on, he wondered if he would ever see Madison again.

Then he heard a rustling noise, he looked up and out jumped Eon and Madison.

Leon jumped up. “Madison!”

“Leon!” Madison looked like she was going to burst into tears.

Leon walked over to Madison and gave her a hug. Then he backed up quickly. “Um…Where’ve you been? I’ve been so worried!”

“Your one to talk, I told you I had a plan. Why didn’t you listen?”

“Well I didn’t know jumped into a portal was a plan, its suicide most of the time!”

“Speaking of portals, where are we?” Madison asked.

Then Leon remembered where they were. “Eon, do you have anything that flies?”

“Flies? You could go ask the old inventor. He lives not far from here.”

“Well he can’t go taking Madison places.”

Eon didn’t understand for a second and then he said. “Oh, right, well I know a back path to his house that no one takes anymore. Follow me.”

They followed Eon for awhile until they talked again.

“What did you mean, ‘can’t go taking Madison places’?” Madison asked Leon.

“Um…you see, in this world, well um…Blondes are rare, so…um…There used as slaves.”

Madison stopped walking. “What? That’s insane! So that’s what you meant when you said you’ve finally found a blonde, Eon.”

“I didn’t want to scare you, Madison, I didn’t want you to know.” Leon said.

“Scared?” Madison said “Scared?! I’ve been scared ever since I lost you! I’ve almost been frozen by a super villain and I’ve been kidnapped by boys, who were going to give me to some guy named, Mr. Luther! I’ve been scared Leon! And right now, I don’t think I can take much more of being scared!” He knees buckled and she fell and burst into tears.

“Shhhh, its ok, Madison.” Leon came up slowly to her and knelt beside her. “Just calm down, everything’s going to be ok.”

Madison looked up, “really?”

Before Leon could answer, they heard people on horses coming.

“Hide!” Eon hissed. And he plunged into the forest.

Leon helped Madison to her feet and helped her to the forest. They made it inside just as the horses came up.

“This is waste of our time; we’ve been down this road three times now! And we still can’t find that one girl the mayor wants found!” one solider said.

“I know, and now, there’s two more missing, this must be a day for runaway slaves.” The other solider said.

They rode on.

When the soldiers were far down the road, Madison, Leon and Eon came out of the forest.

“I thought you said no one came down this road?” Leon snapped.

“Hey, like I knew they were looking for runaway slaves!” Eon shot back.

Just at the mention of slaves, Madison’s knees started to buckle again, Leon caught her as she fell.

“We need to get her somewhere safe, she needs food and sleep.” Leon said.

“The Old Inventor’s house is really close. How about you carry her?”

Madison shook her head. “N-no, I-I’m fine.”

“No, Eon’s right, you don’t have enough strength to walk.” He picked Madison up and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

And they started walking again.

Just as Eon had said, the Old Inventor’s house was close.

It was more of a shack then a house.

Eon walked up to the door and put his hand up to knock.

“Wait.” Leon said. “How do you we know he won’t call the guards on us for having a…” Leon didn’t want Madison to faint or something by mentioning blonde.

“No, he’s against the whole thing, that’s why he lives out here. He got chased out of town.” Eon knocked on the door.

An old man that looked like Einstein came to the door. “Eon, is that you, my boy?” He sounded very old.

“Yes it is, and I brought some friends, who need your help.” Eon said.

“Well come right in.” The Old Inventor opened the door wider for them. Before he closed the door, he took a quick look out side to make sure no one was watching.

When he shut the door he said: “Well, what can I do for ya folks?” Then he eyed Madison and how pale she looked.

“I see, put the little lady over here.” He came over to a bed. “I’ll get some soup for ya. I’d reckon you’re hungry.”
Leon set Madison down on the bed, immediately; Madison fell down on the pillow.

“Ahhhh, it’s good to be in a bed again.” she said.

“Here you go.” The Old Inventor came into the room with some soup.

Madison sat up against the back of the bed and ate the soup. “Thank you.” She said through mouthfuls.

“Your very welcome.” The old man smiled. “Is there anything else I can do for you?”

“Yes, we were wondering you have anything that flies. We came from a different world and we need to get back to it.” Leon said.

“Anything that flies? Hmmm.” The old man scratched his beard and walked out of the room.

There was a loud noise and some mumbling and then the man came in again.

“Here ya go.” He handed Leon a little medal box.

Leon stared at it. “Does it fly?” he asked.

“Oh right! Yes, hit that red button.”

Leon hit the button and the box started to turn into a robotic horse with wings.

Madison looked up from her soup. “Wow.”

“It’s my robotic horse with wings! It works, I’ve tested it myself.” The Old Inventor said proudly.

The horse wined for effect.

“Thank you sir very much, how can we repay you?” Leon said.

“Your company is all that I can ask. Do you have anywhere to sleep?”

“No we don’t.” Leon said. “But I’m sure we can find somewhere…”

Then he looked over at Madison and she was sound asleep.

“I reckon you’re staying here tonight. I’ll make up the guest beds.” and he walked out of the room.
“I’m not staying sir,” Eon said. “I have my own place.” He shook hands with Leon, “It was a pleasure working with you.”

“And you.” Leon nodded.

“Tell her good bye for me, when she wakes up.” Eon said as he slipped out the door.

                                                                     …

That night while Madison was sleeping, someone crept into the house.

The man had all black on and he had a black hat and a black cape.

He slipped inside the door like a mouse and he went over to where Madison was sleeping.

“Ah, this is the girl the king wants so badly.” He whispered.

Then he heard someone coming from the next room.

He slipped behind some boxes and waited.

Leon came into the room to check on Madison. When he saw that she was fine, he went back to his room.

“That was the prince. I must be at the right place.” Whispered the man and he went back over to Madison’s bed.

We waved his hand over her eyes, he had the power to make people sleep deeper.

He picked up Madison and put a black cloak around her, and he walked outside to where his flying horse was waiting. And he flew off.

No comments:

Post a Comment