Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Play I Wrote

I wrote this play I think 3 years ago, well anyway, enjoy!

In Your Dreams!
By: Meghan Besse


Scene 1

Narrator:  It all started in a small town called Frazeysburg where the Bess family lived and quite a family they were.

Mrs. Bess:  Dearie, do you think we should put the RubiKs Cube over on the fireplace?

Adgreon:  Yes, mother. That would look great! Uh  -  Mother is company coming over?

Mrs. Bess:  Yes, they are darling, the Kin’s are coming over.

Adgreon:   Really? They came over two days ago. But, who cares? Great! (as Adgreon looks up from her Scoutfly Adventure book)

Claradeen:  Mommy! Mommy! Look what I found?  (as she ran in the living room)

Mrs. Bess: What Dearie? ( as she straightened the cube’s blue part)

Claradeen:  A $100.00! ( As she held up the dollar bill, her eyes wide with excitement)

Mrs. Bess:  Dearie, you know we don’t need-----------( as she stopped and turned around.) Great! Now I can pay for those underwater flute playing lessons you wanted Claradeen! (as she took the dollar bill from Claradeen)

Claradeen:  Yay! ( as she jumped up and down)

Adgreon:  Hey, that’s not fair! I wanted those bungee jumping piano lessons!

Mrs. Bess:  Honey, you’ll get those when your sister finds more money (looking down at Claradeen)

Claradeen:  I’ll start looking! ( as she ran out of the room)

Mrs. Bess:  Now, go and get ready for the Kin’s, oh, and tell your sister too.

Adgreon:  Okay, mom!

Narrator: She hardly ever says Mom, or mommy unless she is mad, tired, or excited.

(and Adgreon gets up and walks out of the room)

Narrator:  A loud knock  came upon the door

Mr. Bess:  Honey, I’m home! ( as he walked in)

Mrs. Bess:  Hello Dear.

Mr. Bess:  Uh----honey who did I vote for again? For President? (scratching his head)

Mrs. Bess:  McCain ( still straightening the cube’s blue part)

Mr. Bess:  Oh yea, because Mar wants to know and I told him I didn’t remember because that was a long time ago, I think, oh man – I don’t remember if it was a long time agao or not. ( scratching his head again walking to the table)

Claradeen:  Hi Daddy! I found a hundred dollars ( skipping into the room)

Mr. Bess: That’s great honey. I wonder who won for President ( mumbling and still scratching his head)

Hanie:  The whole house is dusted and vacuumed Mrs. Bess

Narrator:  Said their robot maid Hanie

Mrs. Bess:  Thank you Hanie. Now can you clean Adgreon’s pet manatee cage? ( still straightening the cube’s blue part)

Hanie:  Yes, Ma’am ( as she rolled into the next room)

Mrs. Bess: Thank you Hanie. Oh, and clean Adgreon’s Puppy’s litter box too.

Hanie:  Yes, Ma’am ( nodding her head)

Mr. Kin: Hello? Anybody home? ( holding his hand to his mouth)

Mrs. Bess:  Yes, right here! Hello, hello!

Narrator:  At that moment Adgreon came running down the stairs.

Adgreon:  Hey Mother? ( she looked up) Breazy! ( hugged her) Audzm! ( hugged her too). You’re here! I’m so happy you are here!

Claradeen:  Breazy! Audzm! You’re  here! Come on ( waving her hand to the front)

Narrator: So, the four children went outside for some sledding.

Scene 2

Audzm:  Great! We are going on the log cabin hill!

Narrator:  Log cabin hill was the highest  hill in Frazeysburg

Narrator: When they got to the top of the hill they laid down their Super Power sleds and Claradeen went first and what a sight it was!

Claradeen:  Toooooo faaaaaassst! Heeeellllpppp!

Adgreon:  Cm’on Audzm let’s get her ( rolling her eyes and breathing a deep sigh)

Audzm:  Okay! Sounds fun, exciting and dangerous! ( eyes wide)

Narrator:  So, they took their sled’s down the hill attempting to slow down Claradeen.

Adgreon:  Got ya! ( grab Claradeen’s top)

Narrator:  Adgreon grabbed Claradeen just in time because the sled fell into the creek just as Claradeen got out.

Adgreon:  Are you all right?

Claradeen:  Yea, I’m okay. That was really, really fast.

Breazy:  I’m freezing. Let’s go drink some cocoa. ( putting her arms around herself)

Adgreon:  Good idea!

Narrator:  So, they grabbed all the sleds, Claradeen’s too, and went back to the Bess’s house.

Intermission

Scene 3
Everyone sitting in the kitchen drinking hot cocoa.
Mrs. Kin:  This is really good Anggie! ( lifting up the cup to her mouth)

Mrs. Bess:  Thank you Carrie! ( putting down her cup)

Mr. Bess: Yes, this is good. ( putting down his cup and nodding his head)

Adgreon:  Yea, mom, this is good! ( putting down her cup)

Claradeen:  Yes, ver…y….goo….d, mom. ( as she glugged dwon her cocoa)

Breazy:  Yes, Mrs. Bess this is good ( putting down her cup)

Audzm:  Yes, very good Mrs. Bess ( still holding her cup)

Mrs. Bess: Thank you Audzm and everyone. Now, Adgreon go show Audzm and breezy your pet manatee. ( stand up and walk to the fridge, open door, grab milk and pull it out and set it on table. Pour into a glass and sit)

Adgreon:  Okay, mom. Cm’on guys let’s go! ( hand moves forward fast and getting out of her chair)

(Claradeen, Audzm, and Breazy get up)

Scene 4
Breazy:  Wow, Barnacles grew! What have you been feeding him? An elephant? ( eyes wide, hand to her head)

Adgreon:  No, not an elephant. The usual, flowers. It’s just you haven’t been over for a while, that’s all. ( patting the tank)

Audzm:  And look, it’s Goldz and Algiez over their on your dresser ( pointing to the right) and Mint over there! ( pointing to the left)

Mint:  Ruff, ruff! ( shaking his tail)

Mrs. Kin:  Audzm, Breazy, it’s time to go. It’s 9:00.

Audzm:  Okay mom! Cm’om Breazy, gotta go. ( walking towards the stairs)

Narrator:  The girls went down the stairs and went to the door and put on their coats.

Breazy:  Bye Claradeen. Bye Adgreon. ( waving and hugging)

Adgreon:  Bye Breazy. Bye Audzm. ( same)

Claradeen:  Bye Breazy. Bye Audzm. ( same)

Audzm:  Bye Claradeen. Bye Adgreon. ( same)

Narrator: So, the Kin’s left the house. The day was over. Claradeen and Adgreon went to bed.

Narrator: They said their prayers. Mrs. Bess read to them and just as Mrs. Bess started down the stairs…..

Claradeen:  Mommy, I’m not tired. ( sitting up)

Mrs. Bess:  Honey, you have underwater flute playing lessons tomorrow.

Claradeen:  Oh yea, I forgot! ( laid back down)

Mrs. Bess:  Adgreon, put down the book and go to bed please. ( smiling and looking slightly amused)

Adgreon:  Okay! ( putting down the book)

Mrs. Bess: (Walk down the stairs)

Adgreon: (turn on flashlight)

Mrs. Bess: Adgreon!

Adgreon:  Sorry! ( turn off flashlight)

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment