Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Tale of World's - Chapters 29 - 31

Chapter 29

That night while Madison lay in bed, she thought all about the boys she had in her life.

There was, Leon, Eon, Justin and Mark.

Everyone of them except Eon cared about her in that protective way. If you get what I mean.

“There all just my friends, that’s how I want it to be. No love from them, it wouldn’t work out right if I married one of them. They would either start attacking each other for me or something.” Madison whispered. “I need to marry someone in my world.”

She thought over this. She just wanted to be friends.

“I’m just thirteen. I have a long way to go before I start dating, no reason to think about this now.”

And she went to sleep.

Chapter 30

It was still dark outside when Leon woke up.

Everyone was getting up, even Madison.

“How’d you sleep?” He asked her.

“Good, you?”

“Fine I guess.”

“Your going to be fine.” Madison smiled.

“It’s not me I’m worried about, it’s you.”

“Why me?”

“Well, with everyone gone your going to be alone, with that Mark.”

“I’ll be fine.” Madison reassured him.

“You sure?”

“Positive.” Madison smiled.

Leon smiled and gave her a hug. And ran to march off to the castle.

“Please God, bring them all back safely.” Madison prayed and she waved as they marched off into the sunrise.

Chapter 31

Madison sat alone in her tent. She was so bored.

“I wish there was someone to talk to!” She said.

Then she remembered Mark. “No. I am not going to go talk to that-that-that…”

Then she got up and went anyway.

When she got in there, Mark wasn’t in his cell.

She felt stiff with fear. What if Mark got to her?

She went as fast as she could out the door and out into the row of tents. She walked slowly and with caution, she didn’t want Mark to catch her by surprise. He did anyway.

“I see you’re out and about.”

Madison whirled around and there was Mark.

“How did you get out?” Madison demanded.

Mark walked around her, Madison turned as he walked.

“I was only holding off for so long.” He said.

His voice was always so soothing. Madison hated that.

“Go back to your cell. Or-or.” Madison stammered.

“Or what?” Mark leaned in close to Madison’s face. “You’ll tell the king?” he laughed.

Madison thought for a second about what to say next. “You remind me of someone I read about in a book.”

“Who?” Mark asked, suddenly interested.

“Ian Kabra. He had an English accent and acted just like you. But in the end, he turned good.” Madison said. “I liked him.”

“Well, I’m not going to turn good.” Mark said.

Madison had failed. He didn’t fall for it.

“Now, let me tell you something,” Mark said. “I could make all this go away.”

“Make what go away?” Madison asked.

“The pain and everything that’s happened to you, you could live a normal life again.”

Madison had hoped for the longest time that her life would be normal again. “No. I can’t leave all my friends. They need me.” Madison said.

“But why make yourself hurt? When it could be gone?” He touched her broken arm. It immediately felt ten times better. Then he stopped touching her arm, and the pain returned.

“N-no. It wasn’t Leon’s fault, h-he.”

“He didn’t mean to. But what if he did?”

His voice was so persuasive that Madison almost gave in. “No. He didn’t mean to! He didn’t!” Madison yelled at Mark. She started to advance on him. He started to back up.“Leave me alone!” She used all her strength to lift up her crutch and bring it down on Mark.

Mark grabbed it and tore it from Madison’s hand. “Don’t go that again.” His voice was loosing its soothing touch.

Madison backed up the best she could without her crutch.

“Now, you’re coming with me.” Mark said, getting his voice back together. He brushed himself off.

“Never.” Madison said.

Mark walked right up to Madison and looked her in the eye. “Are you going to come with me willingly? Or not.”

“I’m not going at all.” She said firmly.

“Well then, you forced me into this.” Then he did something that Madison thought was the worse thing a boy could do to any girl. He kissed her!
Madison tried to pull away, but she couldn’t.

When he let go, she felt very sleepy, and she fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment