Chapter 25
He was trying to run from himself, he was tried of his powers, he wanted them gone. He had hurt Madison , they only person he counted as his friend.
When he got to a large rock. He stopped and sat down.
Oh Madison , I’m so sorry. He thought.
I asked, why do you mourn.
“I-I…”
Speak up boy!
“I’m sad because I hut my friend with my powers.” Leon buried his head in his hands.
What powers are these?
“I can use electricity to do what I please.”
Ah. Yes, I thought so.
“You thought so?”
Yes, I am one of the Electrics. There are ten of us, we channel your power and who ever else contains it.
“Like my father…” Leon whispered.
Your father has been trying to get all our power to himself. We are glad that you are not like him.
“I am like him! I have a temper just like him. That’s how I hurt Madison .” Leon said.
Who is this Madison ?
“She’s a…friend.”
How much do you care about Madison ?
“I l.—“
Love yes? Well you shouldn’t let your feelings get the best of you. Bad things can happen to those who’s feeling get in there way.
“I don’t understand.”
You will in time, my prince. Now, you must got back and take responsibility for your actions.
“I-I can’t.”
Why?
“I don’t know! I just can’t that’s all.”
You must go back.
“Why?”
Because I can feel this Madison ’s spirit weakening. She is hurt not just on the outside but in the inside.
Chapter 26
When Leon got back to camp, he went straight to Madison ’s tent.
When he walked in, he saw Madison still laying on her cot. Her eyes were closed, but she was still breathing.
Claws and Justin were in there too.
Claws stood up. “Leon , are you ok?”
“I’m fine. How’s Madison ?”
“Not well, we’ve already had the doctor come and look at her. He said he can’t do anything. She was already still weak from the last time she got shocked, so when it happened again and she got thrown against the ground. It made her even weaker.”
“All because of me.”
“No, it’s not your fault. Your powers are still growing. Everyone knows that. No one blames you.” Claws said.
Justin stood up. “No, no one does.”
Justin walked out of the tent, followed by Claws.
“I’m so sorry, Madison.” He whispered a tear trickled down his cheek. “I couldn’t control them. Madison , please come back. I need you, everyone needs you.”
Then Leon forced some of his power into Madison ’s body.
She screamed in pain. And she fell back down on her pillow.
“Madison , are-are you ok?” Leon asked.
“Leon ?” Madison looked at him. She smiled. “Leon ! I’m so glad you alright! I’d hug you, but it hurts too much.”
“I think some of my ribs are broken and maybe an arm.”
“I.—“
“Do you care about him?” Leon asked.
“Leon , I know it’s hard to understand this, but I love everyone. Because that’s what God tells us to do. ‘Love thy neighbor as thy self.’ So I don’t hate anyone really. Do you understand?”
“But someday, when I’m eighteen I’ll meet that special boy that we date and get married.” She sighed. “I’ve dreamed about that.” She looked at Leon ’s confused face and laughed. “I know. It’s weird.”
“I’ll got get the doctor to fix you up.” Leon said.
She smiled. “Don’t go running away, ok?”
No comments:
Post a Comment