Chapter 6
When Madison woke up, she felt cold and pain. Mostly the pain, the pain was in her legs and arms. But nothing seemed to be broken.
She trying to get up, but it hurt too much.
She could tell that she was in a field. And then she remembered the birds and Leon and their mission.
“Leon ?” He voiced cracked.
“Shhh. Lie still.” Leon said.
“What happened?” Madison asked. “
“There was a fence, and we hit it. But the bird flew away. I guess he was afraid of loud noises.”
“I’m sorry! I just couldn’t get away from the birds eyes!” Madison choked back a sob.
“It wasn’t your fault, I shouldn’t have asked you to drive.” Leon ’s smile made her feel better.
“Oh. Well, is the car ok?”
“Are you hurt?” Madison asked. She didn’t need to ask why the car was ok, it’s a car from a different world.
“When we hit the fence I was on top of the car so when we hit it, I flew off and landed on a bail of hay, which is quite soft actually.”
“Yes. But I don’t think anything broken.”
“I tried to put a Wello wall around you. Maybe it worked; I’m not so good at it.”
“Wello?” Madison asked.
“Yep, that’s what my sword is made of. It’s like water and Jell-O, in your words.” Leon answered.
“I think it did work, because no one could survive a crash like that and live.” She shuttered at the thought.
“Well, your ok, and that’s all that matters. Can you stand?”
“I think so.” Leon helped her stand up. It hurt to walk, but she could live with it.
“They got back into the car and sat for awhile.
“Wow, so far, we’ve faced mean guard things and crazed birds, in two days.” Madison said.
“I know, I’ve been thinking, maybe it’s too dangerous for you.”
“No. I want to help you.” She said.
“Alright, but you must promise me to be careful. I didn’t know people from this world could get hurt so easily.”
“Leon ?” Madison suddenly asked.
“What is it, Madison ?” He asked.
“I-I just wanted to know what the mission plan was when we got to Ilone.” She said.
“Well, I haven’t actually figured that out yet…” He said and little sheepishly.
“Ok. Well, then go ahead of what you were saying about ‘driving that being fast enough’.”
“Well, I see now, that more things can get at us when we’re so close to the ground, I think flying there would be faster and safer.”
“Um…D-do we have to fl-fly?” She stammered.
“That’s the safest and fastest thing.”
“Where are we going to get a plane out here?” She asked. Maybe Leon would change his mind, once he knew that you couldn’t get a plane from out here.
“Oh, no, no planes, horses.”
Just then, someone’s phone rang.
“Nope, is it yours?”
“How did they reach me?” Leon whispered.
He hit the answer button and put the phone to his ear.
“Hello?” he had his English accent on.
“Leon ! How good it is to finally talk to you!” Came the English reply.
“Father?”
“Oh Leon ! I’m so worried about you!”
“Now calm down, son, why didn’t you go with Morvid when he came? Everyone here is missing you terribly!”
“Because if I come home, you will just lock me up again! I ran away from home because I knew what you were going to do, and it’s not right!” Leon got out of the car.
“Leon , you’re so homesick, you’re not making any sense! Now come home my boy, where it’s safe.” The king said.
“No, it is safer where I am, then it is in the castle tower, locked up.” Leon said.
There was a pause. “If that’s how you want it, I’ll have to find another way to get you to come home. And Morvid’s already told me about that little girl you have with you.”
“No! Do not even think about touching her!”
“I see you care for her, then the plan will work nicely. Good bye, Leon , I hope to see you soon!”
The line went dead.
“Who was that on the phone?” Madison asked.
“My father, h-he’s going to try a different way to get me to come home, that’s why we must hurry.” He hit a button in the car and a shrill whistle sounded.
In a couple of minutes one of the most beautiful horses Madison had even saw, landed in the field beside the car.
“Oh my. What a beautiful horse!” Madison said in awe.
“Come on, we must hurry.” Leon grabbed Madison ’s hand and they ran to the horse.
“This is Shrill, Madison , my flying horse.” Leon forced a smile.
“She’s so pretty!” Madison cried.
“Shrill, I need you to take us to Ilone and fast.”
“I thought we were going to New York ?” Madison said.
“Change of plans, if just go straight to Ilone, it will be…uh…faster.”
“Oh.” Madison said.
When Leon got on Shrill, he helped Madison up.
“Go Shrill! And hurry!” He commanded.
And they flew off into the clouds.
No comments:
Post a Comment