Chapter 7
When they lifted off, all Madison could do from not screaming was grabbing on to Leon and shutting her eyes really hard.
They flew over towns and cities, it was also very cold, Madison was glad she had her hoodie on.
Her arms and legs still hurt from the crash so it was hard to hang on.
“Leon , how are we going to get to your world?” Madison asked, interrupting his thoughts.
“We got through the time space continuum, and take a portal to my world. If we don’t take the right one, well, it’ll be awhile before we find the right one.” Leon answered.
“Well, let’s hope we take the right one then.” Madison said.
And then, they heard it.
“ROAR!!!!!!!!!!”
“N-not them again.” Madison said.
“Hang on! We’re coming to the time space continuum. We’ll fly in and try to find the portal!” Leon yelled over the wind, which was picking up.
They flew higher and higher until Madison thought her lungs would burst from no oxygen. And then they burst through a cloud that looked blue and into a tunnel, it was like something from Alice in Wonderland.
“Whoa.” Madison said.
“Now I just have to find the right portal…” Leon said.
The whole tunnel was just lined with portal after portal. They went on for forever it seemed.
Then Madison felt something tugging on her hair, she looked behind her and saw one of those things with red eyes.
“Madison !” Leon yelled. “Let her go! I command it!” He had his English accent on.
“Your formal speech won’t help her, my prince.” The thing said.
“What do you want?” Leon demanded. He already knew what the thing wanted, but he was trying to stall it so that we would think of a way to save Madison .
“All the king wants is for you to come home. Come with me, and I’ll return her to her world.”
“No Leon ! Don’t. I-I have a plan.” Madison told Leon .
The thing laughed. “A plan? Really? Ha! Humans are so stupid!”
Then, the thing’s horse started to fly off into the tunnel. Leon charged after it, but he didn’t know what Madison was going to do.
She used all her strength and threw herself off into one of the portals.
“MADISON !” Leon jumped off Shrill and fell after her.
But when she fell on the ground, that didn’t feel warm and soft.
“OW!” She yelled, as she hit some bushes.
When she got up, she looked around and saw a city close.
Hmmm, Maybe I landed in my world again. She thought.
She started walking towards the city, she deiced that maybe she would find Leon if she went into the city. She had landed in a field but there were some trees and bushes.
When she got into the city, people were rushing around trying to get to work and school on time.
She was too shy to ask anyone where she was, because someone might think she was dumb or something and call the police. She just kept walking, looking for signs that might tell her where she was.
Then she heard something, someone laughing, she looked up and there was a man dressed in white and light blue on a hover board, I guess you could call it. And the man had a gun.
“Dear citizens of Lagross! I am Freezo the Cold and I have come to bring you misery!” And he fired his gun, which was an ice gun and froze some people walking.
“Hello? Um…I’m called to report an emergency,” Madison said the lady on the line.
“What’s the emergency, honey?” the lady asked.
“Th-there’s a man with an ice gun, freezing everyone by the newspaper office!”
“Oh goodness! I’ll get right on it! Thank you honey!”
Just as Madison hung up they building’s doors burst open.
Freezo the Cold came hovering in.“Ah, the bank! Just where I was going!” Then he eyed Madison .
“Oh! We don’t want anyone to tell the police there’s a robbery, now do we?” He pointed his freeze gun at Madison .
Just as Freezo pulled the trigger someone swung in and grabbed Madison .
When they landed, Madison saw who had rescued her.
“You ok?” The girl asked. She had an all black outfit on and a mask that had triangles that pointed up on it.
The girl smiled, she looked about Madison ’s age.
Then she turned around and faced Freezo. “I thought I melted all your ice, Freezo! What are you doing out of jail?”
“It was to warm for me back in jail, so I thought I would steal some cold hard cash and get myself an ice castle, and maybe some statues to go in it, starting with you!” He pointed his freeze gun at the girl and shot, but the girl did a black flip and threw some medal things that meowed when they hit Freezo. The medal things turned red and started to melt the ice on Freezo.
“NO!” Freezo yelled as his blue and white suit melted and his freeze gun and hover board melted too. “I’ll get you for this, Claws!” he said.
When the police got there, they wrapped a blanket around Madison and gave her some hot coco. The girl known as Claws stayed with her.
“What are you doing out of school, so early?” Claws asked.
“Oh! I’ve heard of that, is it fun?” Claws asked.
“I-It is.”
“I’ve always wanted to try that.” Claws said, she put her elbows on her knees and sighed.
“I-I have a problem.” Madison started to say.
But she was interrupted by a police man running over to talk to Claws.
“We have Freezo all locked up, we were wondering if you would come along, just in case he tried to break out.” The police man said.
“Of course.” Claws said. She broke out of her childish like pose and stood up.
“Sorry, Madison , duty calls.” And she ran off.
She went into the police station and asked the police man at the front desk.
“Is it an emergency?” The man asked. He looked bored and tired.
“Yes, I need to talk to Claws right away.” Madison replied.
“What do you need to tell her?” The man asked.
“I need to tell her, not you, I’m sorry, but I need to talk to her.”
“You tell me first, and then I’ll tell you if it’s an emergency.”
And she walked out of the police station.
She sat down at and bench and sighed. She felt like bursting into tears, she didn’t know where Leon was and she didn’t know how to get back home even if she wanted to.
She looked down the street, and then she saw a couple of boys walking in her direction.
As the boys got closer, they started to whisper to each other, and then they kept walking.
“Hey, pretty, you lost or something?” The middle boy asked Madison .
“Aww, she’s scared of us, boys, that’s too bad.” The boy grabbed Madison ’s cell phone.
“Hey! Th-that’s mine!” She protested.
“Mine now!” The boys laughed as Madison tried to get it back.
“Hey! Back off!” Someone yelled.
The boy, gave Madison back her phone and ran off with his friends.
“Th-thanks.” Madison said, sitting back down.
“No problem. I was trying to find you earlier; you said you had a problem.”
“Y-yes, I do.” Madison said. She told Madison about how she had lost Leon in the tunnel and how she had to find him and fast before someone else got to him. Madison didn’t think that Claws wouldn’t think she was crazy for talking about flying horses and portals, I mean, she’s a super hero!
After Madison had finished, Claws thought for a second. “I’ll help you, but I can’t leave this world here, the citizens need me here, but I’ll help you look here. Ok?”
“I’ll look in the city, and you look in the field out there.” Claws said. “We’ll meet back here, oh let’s say, 8:00?”
“Sounds good, and thank you!”
So Madison and Claws split up and tried to find Leon , before his father did.
No comments:
Post a Comment