Chapter 2
The next day at school, Madison looked for the boy with black hair. She didn’t see him anywhere.
On her way home from school, she looked for him too.
When she got home, she kept looking out the window, in hopes that he would come skateboarding by. He didn’t.
“Madison !” her grandfather called.
“Oh my good girl!” her grandfather said.
“Grandpa!” Madison said. But then she pulled away from his grasp. “Where have you been? It’s been a whole night!”
“Oh, just golfing, I had to get that last whole just perfect!” He looked down at his granddaughter’s worried face. “Oh, nothing to be worried about, now, how about I take you out to dinner?”
She felt like bursting into tears. Why would her grandfather care more about golfing then her?
Just then, she heard a noise outside. She looked out the window, and there was the same boy on the skateboard!
He was wearing that same black leather jacket and jeans, he stopped in front of Madison ’s house, and started coming up to the door.
The boy looked startled for a moment, “Uh, I just…um…”
“I just wanted to say I’m sorry for running off yesterday.” He said, he looked down at his shoes.
“I-it’s ok, w-would you like to come in for some hot coco now?” Madison said.
The boy looked like he was going to run off again, it was that look in his eyes again, it looked like lightning. “Um…Sure…” The boy didn’t seem to be too sure of himself.
He’ll get used to me. Madison thought
“Katy, could you make us some hot coco please?” Madison asked.
“Well of course, miss. It’ll be my pleasure.”
“Miss?” the boy asked. Then he looked ashamed he had said anything.
“Oh, we have a cook and a maid, they call me miss.” Madison said.
“Oh.”
“So, what’s your name?” Madison asked, once they had their hot coco.
“Leon .”
“Mine’s Madison . Do you like to skateboard?”
“Yeah, it’s cool.”
“Do you go to school here?”
The boy looked confused for a second but then he said, “Um…No, I go…uh…somewhere else.”
“Oh. Where do you live?”
Again, the boy looked confused. “I’m visiting here from…Uh…somewhere…” He was trying hard to think.
“It’s ok, if you don’t remember. Would you like to see my room?”
“Um…sure.”
They climbed the stairs to her room. When they got to her room, Leon said: “It’s very…uh…nice up here.”
“Thanks, I try to make it look nice.”
“Doesn’t your maid do that?”
“Well, um…”
“Oh I’m sorry, didn’t mean to pry.”
“I-it’s ok.”
“Oh ok, bye! It was nice talking with you, see you around.” Madison led Leon to the door.
“Bye.” She said.
“Bye.” Leon said, and he skateboarded down the road.
There’s something strange about that boy, Madison thought.
You've given this story some good mystery :)
ReplyDeleteKeep it up! You're doing great!
Carol :)
Thank you! :)
ReplyDelete