Chapter 9
“Oh Leon ! Where are you?” She whispered.
When she got back to the bench where she was supposed to meet Claws, Claws wasn’t there yet.
I’m early. I’ll just wait. Madison waited, and waited and waited.
It was pitch black. And Claws still hadn’t come.
Just then, those boys who had teased her earlier came down the side walk.
“Look, it’s that girl who got us in trouble.” The middle boy said.
“I-I didn’t get you I-in trouble, y-you did that your s-selves!” Madison stammered.
“Did we now?” one of the other boys said.
The middle boy, grabbed Madison by the arm, “I think if Claws likes you so much, she’ll come and get you. Come on boys! Back to the Building!”
“L-let me go!” Madison protested, but they covered her mouth.
They dragged her all the way to an old building that was abandoned.
They climbed some stairs and when they got to the second floor, the boy who had Madison , threw her on the floor.
The boys locked the door that they had come in and went through another door and locked that one too. Madison could hear them laughing, as they went up.
Oh Leon , where are you? Madison thought, she buried her head in her knees and began to cry.
Chapter 10
Oh Madison , where are you? Leon thought.
He had walked into town and had asked where the mayor’s office was. When he found the mayor’s office, he took a deep breath and walked in.
When he got into the door, there was a desk with a woman at it.
“Excuse me,” Leon said. “I’d like to see the mayor.”
The woman looked up from her work “Well sure, honey, just through that door.” She pointed to a door behind her.
“Thank you.” Leon was puzzled, usually when you ask to see the mayor; you have to sign a waver or something.
When he walked into the office there was a stout man at an oak desk, he had his reading glasses on.
“Excuse me.” Leon said.
The man looked up. “Oh hello there! What can I do for you, son?” He had a Western accent.
“I’m looking for my friend, Madison Holl, and I don’t know if she’s in this world or another one.”
“Yes, yes, we get people looking for people and they don’t know if there in this world or another. We’ll help you look in this world if you like. Just tell me what your friend looks like.”
“Um well, she’s my slave, so she’d be blonde and she has dark blue eyes and she wears black all the time.”
“Runaway slave huh? Well we’ll help you look.”
“Thank you sir,” and Leon walked out.
Chapter 11
She looked around and then she remembered where she was. It was still night out, she couldn’t hear the boys up stairs laughing, so she got up to try to find a way to escape.
She went to all the windows, but they were nailed shut, she even went to the door but it was locked.
“Great!” She said. “I’ve been kidnapped by boys! By boys! This is ridiculous!”
Just then, she heard someone coming down the steps, she ran back to where she was.
The boys came through the door.
“I got a call last night, from someone who said they wanted a Madison Holl, I wonder if she’s Madison Holl, they said they would pay big time for her.” The middle boy told the other two.
The middle boy came up to her, she glared at him.
“What is your name, anyway, pretty?” he asked.
“I told you not to call me that!” She said. She tried not make her voice shake.
The leaned closer, “what is your name?”
“I-I’m not going to t-tell you.” Madison was loosing it.
“Really? Well, if you do, then I’ll let you go.”
“No. I’m still not going to tell you.”
The boy stood up. “Well, we have other ways of finding out, don’t we, boys?” He held up Madison ’s purse.
“D-don’t look i-in there, it’s a mess.” Madison stammered.
The boy opened up her purse anyway, and started digging through it.
“Aha! Look a wallet.” He handed one of the other boys the purse, as he opened up her wallet.
“Wow! Look at all this cash!” Then he found her school ID. “Ah, here we go, Madison Holl huh?” He put Madison ’s purse back together.
The boys laughed as they dragged Madison up the steps, they told her to sit at the table that was up there.
The room looked like something from old police movies, there was a lamp hanging from the ceiling above the table.
The boy got out his cell phone and dialed a number. “Hello? Mr. Luther, we’ve found Madison Holl,” he listened for a second. “Now would be fine, just go to 129 40th street . Ok, see you then sir.” He hung up. “There coming.” The boy smiled.
Just then, someone broke through one of the windows. “Man! I hate doing that.” Claws said.
“Claws!” Madison almost started crying again.
“Hello, Madison , glad your ok.” Then she faced the boys. “I thought I told you to back off?”
The boys dropped Madison ’s purse and ran down the steps.
“Thank you, thank you!” Madison said.
“You’re very welcome.” Claws smiled.
“Did you find Leon ?” Madison asked.
“No, but I found something else, come on.”
Claws helped Madison out the window and they started running towards the news paper office.
“Hang on!” Claws whipped a line up to top of the building; she wrapped her arm around Madison ’s waist.
When they got to the top, Madison gasped. “Shrill!” She ran and hugged the horse. Shrill wined a reply.
“I knew you knew this horse, I mean, how many flying horses are from this world?” Claws said.
“Thank you for helping me,” Madison said, as she started to climb on Shrill.
“Where are you going?” Claws asked.
“To find Leon .” And Madison lifted off and waved good bye to Claws.
No comments:
Post a Comment